- Demonstrate advanced understanding of the elements which are important in academic research design and process; review of literature and use of theory; data description and analysis, conclusions, recommendations etc. and provide clear reasons for choices made;
- Critically evaluate the range of quantitative and qualitative data collection;
- Demonstrate critical evaluation and application of this research knowledge through a project proposal in which they
– Identity; define and motivate their research objectives which are both worthy of and capable of investigation within the resources and time available;
– Provide an initial review of academic literature to put their research into context;
– Design a methodology of enquiry appropriate to the investigation; with identification of specific research questions and/or hypotheses and identification, with reasons, of data and
information collection methods and initial strategies for analysis.
Source: University of Westminster